Pensacola Uber Accident Attorney
Uber Accident Lawyer Proudly Serving Pensacola, FL
Uber is a ride-sharing service that allows contracted drivers to utilize their own personal vehicles to provide taxi-like services for people who require a ride to a destination. Uber drivers use a patented app to acquire riders and receive payment for their services. Ride-sharing services allow users to access safe rides home while intoxicated or otherwise unable to drive. However, researchers believe that ride-sharing services are behind a nearly 3% rise in car accident deaths since 2011, totaling just over 1100 fatalities each year as well as numerous injuries. If you or a loved one suffered injury as the result of a Pensacola Uber accident, contact Michael E. Fenimore, P.A. to discuss your damages and possible compensation.
Why Choose Us?
- Michael E. Fenimore is a respected former insurance company lawyer, well-versed in the techniques insurance companies use as well as how they think and act while assessing your personal injury claim.
- Our firm has helped Pensacola area residents successfully obtain compensation for personal injury and Uber accident claims since 2011, recovering millions in damages during that time.
- Mr. Fenimore’s connections to the Pensacola community and excellent working relationships with multiple area judges and legal experts speak to the level of trust our clients put in our work.
Why You Need an Attorney
Uber accidents can inflict potentially life-altering injuries on passengers, causing physical, emotional, and financial burdens. During this difficult moment in your life, an insurance claim or legal filing can increase your burdens, especially if you have no experience with court proceedings. An Uber accident attorney dedicated to your case can help ease that burden. The attorney can investigate the accident, determine legal liability, and file any necessary documents with the court. In addition, your Pensacola car accident attorneys will act on your behalf, presenting any findings with the courts to show the defendant’s liability. In the end, an attorney can help you obtain fair compensation for your damages.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
Uber drivers, like any other driver, are subject to other drivers’ negligence as well as the conditions of the road. However, rideshare drivers are much more likely to experience accidents when searching for a new passenger using the Uber app. Uber accidents occur for many reasons, including:
- Distracted driving, whether on the part of the Lyft driver or another person
- Poor road conditions due to weather or disrepair
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield or stop
- Reckless driving
- Improper turns and behavior at intersections
A Pensacola Uber accident attorney can help determine the cause of your accident, whether it was the fault of the Uber driver or a third party. Dependent on the cause of the accident, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Your attorney can help you file your claim and pursue any compensation you may recover.
Is Someone Liable for Your Damages?
Florida is one of several no-fault car insurance states. This means that if you experience a car accident injury, you must first file a claim with your own personal injury protection insurance coverage for all your medical bills and expenses. However, if your injuries are severe, you may proceed to file a claim against the at-fault party. Severe injuries are:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Injuries significantly limiting your use of an organ, body system or limb
- Disfiguring injuries
- Injuries requiring disability payments for at least 90 days
If you received severe injuries as the result of an Uber accident, you may recover damages from either the individual Uber driver’s insurance policy or the unrelated motorist who caused the accident. If the Uber driver’s behavior caused the accident but he or she does not have sufficient insurance, Uber’s insurance policy will provide coverage.
Contact Our Firm Today
Our Pensacola Uber Accident Attorney will work diligently to recover the damages incurred by each and every client. Mr. Fenimore’s long-term experience with the characteristics and behaviors of insurance companies can help you obtain a fair settlement for your injuries and other damages. If you or a loved one recently experienced a car accident while passengers in an Uber car, contact us today to request a free, no-obligation consultation.