Pensacola Truck Accident Attorney
Truck Accident Lawyer Proudly Serving Pensacola, FL
In every city and on every road across America, a variety of trucks in different shapes and sizes can be seen. These trucks, such as flatbeds, box trucks, livestock carriers, tankers, and others, play a crucial role in transporting goods ranging from everyday items like toilet paper to beverages like Dr. Pepper. However, despite their contribution to commerce, these massive vehicles are also involved in some devastating accidents that cause personal injuries. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a trucking accident, it’s important to seek the assistance of compassionate and experienced professionals. Contact a Truck Accident Attorney based in Pensacola at Michael E. Fenimore, P.A.
When an injury occurs in Pensacola, Florida, due to someone’s negligence, it can leave you feeling uncertain about what steps to take or who to seek help from. Determining liability may not be straightforward while dealing with your injuries that require treatment and potentially impact your ability to work, along with accumulating bills.
Don’t Delay – There are Deadlines
In Florida, individuals who suffer injuries due to another party’s negligence have the right to pursue compensation by filing an injury claim against the involved party or parties. However, it’s important to be aware that this right is time-sensitive and does not last indefinitely.
In the state of Florida, individuals have a four-year window to file a personal injury lawsuit (a claim for negligence) from the date of the accident. If someone tragically loses their life in a truck accident, their family members have the option to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. It is important for surviving family members to act quickly, as Florida’s statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits (Florida Statutes section 95.11(4)(d)) requires claims to be filed within two years. However, it’s worth noting that there are exceptions to these deadlines. At Michael E. Fenimore, P.A., our team of Pensacola Personal Injury Lawyers has the knowledge and expertise to handle truck accident cases and other personal injury claims in Pensacola, FL.
Understanding the Causes of Truck Accidents
While for the most part, truck drivers are professional, courteous and careful, accidents do happen. Among the many factors that may contribute to tractor-trailer accidents are:
- Driver fatigue – Long haul drivers often experience drowsiness behind the wheel despite regulations, such as rest periods and limitations on drive time.
- Inadequate truck maintenance – Malfunctioning equipment, brakes and steering systems significantly increases the risk of accidents that result in substantial property damage or injuries.
- Aggressive drivers – When trying to correct their own aggressive driving or combat against another vehicle’s poor driving practices, big-rig trucks have size and weight working against them. The laws of physics govern things such as weight transfer and momentum when it comes to large trucks. Slower response times are especially true when braking, returning to their own lane or swerving to avoid a collision with another vehicle or something in the road.
- Distracted drivers – Distracted driving is a concerning issue despite the efforts of state and federal authorities who have implemented laws with consequences for texting while driving. However distractions for truck drivers can also arise from things like music or items shifting within the truck.
- Impaired driving – There’s always a risk of impaired driving among truckers, even though many companies conduct drug and alcohol screenings. It’s crucial to acknowledge that there may be drivers on the road as well creating a potentially dangerous situation.
Who is Responsible?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a trucking accident, it’s crucial to seek experienced assistance. Contact a Truck Accident Attorney based in Pensacola at Michael E. Fenimore, P.A. When a personal injury occurs in Pensacola, FL, it can be overwhelming to navigate the aftermath and know where to turn for help. Determining liability can be complex while dealing with injuries, medical treatment needs, loss of income, and mounting bills. Fortunately, individuals who have been injured due to negligence can pursue compensation by filing an injury claim against the negligent party or parties.
Common Injuries in Pensacola Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents can result in a wide range of injuries including:
- Fractures/Broken Bones
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Whiplash/Soft Tissue Injuries
- Injuries Requiring Surgery
- Automobile and Other Property Damage
Getting the Help You Need
Handling a truck accident claim without assistance is not advisable. It’s important to keep in mind that insurance companies are not necessarily looking out for your interests. Even your own insurance company might try to minimize the amount they have to pay out. Moreover, even if the responsible party or their insurer admits fault, they will likely do everything they can to settle the claim for the least amount possible. These settlement offers may appear reasonable on the surface, but they often fail to consider all your expenses, both past and future, as well as other factors such as pain and suffering. Getting involved early in your case will help safeguard your rights and interests. Our Pensacola car accident lawyers will take action to gather and preserve evidence that supports your claim or potential lawsuit.
Call a Trusted Pensacola Truck Accident Attorney Today
Reach out to Michael P. Fenimore, P.A. with any questions that you may have. We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. As our client, you will pay nothing unless we can win your truck accident case. Contact us today or fill out our consultation request online.